Friday, August 29, 2008

Thing #17 (ELM Productivity Tools)

The ELM databases are great research tools. I remember a young patron who was disappointed at not being able to find a book on his favorite sports figure. Using InfoTrac and Ebsco databases, he was able to find several articles written about his hero. He was also happy to learn that he could access these databases through the library website on his home computer. In my students days, we used the Reader's Guide to Periodical Literature, and were limited to the periodicals to which the library subscribed.

I was not able to watch the videos for the EBSCO Page Composer or ProQuest. When I clicked on links, I got the message "The requested file was not found". I did, however, do the InfoTrac search, and also added the NPR News Feed to my RSS feeds.

No comments:

Vacation Pics

Life in Minnesota

Yahoo! Avatars