E-mail is such a fast and easy way to send messages. I use it both in my personal life and at work. It really facilitates group communication, and is a huge improvement over the old interoffice memos and routing slips.
Patrons can IM the Reference desk at our library. I have used IM at home, but not at work. Since it requires both parties to be using their computers at the same time, I prefer to communicate via e-mail. A few years ago, my children were IMing whenever they were using the computer. They have both switched to Facebook as their primary means of online communication.
Although I have texted, I'm really not a fan of text messaging. If I'm going to be using my phone anyway, why not just call?
Web Conferencing is a great way to provide information. It allows people who may not have the funds or the time to travel to participate.
Saturday, April 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Glad to see that you've joined Round 2 of 23 Things on a Stick. Only 16 Things to go! Good luck, learn lots, have fun!
Post a Comment